It has been a few weeks since I have gotten a chance to sit down and play around with my painting again. This time I wanted to try out my watercolour paints. I was a bit nervous since I have more experiences using acrylic paint over watercolour. I watched this YouTube video to get some tips before getting started. In hindsight I should have watched the entire video but I was a bit impatient so I decided to kind of wing it. 

I realized before starting that I did not have any ‘watercolour’ paper, which meant that the effects of the paint weren’t quite what I had hoped for. Even so, it was still fun playing around with the colours and creating different textures on the paper. 

I decided to tie in some concepts that we have been covering in our Teaching Art in the Elementary and Middle School Classrooms. This week we looked at using ‘lines’ in art so I decided to follow that theme with my painting at home. I started by using a sharpie to draw different lines on the paper. Once I had done that, I painted the various shapes that had been created by my lines intersecting.

Going forward I will try to be a bi more patient and watch some more tutorials in their entirety. I found another tutorial that seems quite useful as well. I know that my sketching skills will not be nowhere near this artist’s, however it will still be fun to try some pencil sketchings on the paper before putting paint on as well. Here it is posted below: